Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fall is definitely here





Well school is in full swing! The boys have had their first full week, and it's gone ok. T already had his first test, and has a paper due on Monday. He's realized that 7th grade is serious business. He says he doesn't like school and it's boring, but he is a good student. I am grateful for that. H had a rocky start this week.. with missing 4 homework assignments, he lost all his free passes for late assignments. Which means the next time he gets detention. This is a new school and not knowing the procedures, he got a free pass with the 4th one (but a call home to talk to me about it) so now we're going to really have to stay on top of things and be in better communication with school. H is really good at "forgetting" stuff, like homework, until it's too late, so as long as I know what he's supposed to be doing, I can keep on top of it. A seems to be doing well. Still needs work on his handwriting, but in my opinion, what 3rd grade BOY doesn't? I really want to try to help him on that at home. I know he can write neater if he just slows down some. Apparently he doesn't like riding the bus, it's a little crowded and hard to find a seat when he gets on, and the bus driver got onto him.. he just needs to be a little faster getting settled when he gets on there. The first week of school always seems so hard getting back into the swing of things, especially at a new school where everything is so unfamiliar.

Our week of practices with fall sports was busy. 2 practices on Monday, and then a practice (either football or soccer) on each of the other days of the week. Skip Wednesday because of Youth Group.. and Saturday games. Not to mention homework, dinner, showers, and if we're lucky, time to read together before bed. I try to enjoy the moments now, but I will be glad when the schedule eases up in November. Today's games went pretty well. T's soccer game was pretty good.. our team was making mistakes all over the place, but they played well together and played hard. T really played his heart out!


H's games went well. Today was Jamboree day where all the conference teams come up to Crossville to play 2 short games. 8 plays on offense, 8 plays on defense games. A preview to the season, if you will. H's team won both of their games, with all 3 of the touchdowns being scored by the Cortland Finnegan (scrappiness) /Chris Johnson (speed wise) of our team. That kid is so athletic! He was on H's basketball team the one season he played, and was the star of that team as well. H and his teammates were so pumped at the end of the 2nd game (the only one I saw, since T's soccer game was going on before the first football game, couldn't be 2 places at once). A few shots from that game (the last one is my favorite)







Me and my sports players:




and preseason Titans football games have begun! We got to go see the first home preseason game at LP Field.. had so much fun. Yeah so our seats were 6th row from the top, I didn't care. Loved being there and had the best time with Mike!




The weather has been cooler today, which is giving me the itch to get out in the woods again. We don't like to hike when it's hot. I miss it! I think we're going to get out there early tomorrow. Stay tuned for pics. I just love East TN scenery. L-O-V-E it.


No comments:

Post a Comment