(Mike) We arrived around lunch. Cyndi showed us the condo and we all went to the Idler for lunch. It was a little on the cool side sitting on the lower level with no sun but plenty of wind. We all enjoyed watching Tyler, Hunter and Austin feed the ducks and gulls afterward.
Jen and I explored while Cyndi took the boys to the south beach. Jen and I walked to the north shore pier and really enjoyed the walk (note to self: wearing flip flops was a bad idea)
Met with Cyndi again around 5pm as she bought a few groceries to use on our stay. Shortly afterward, she went back to Pretty Lake with the boys. Ate dinner @ Captain Lou's. Jen got chicken strips and I got the perch platter and we both had a couple of beers. Overall not bad.. kind of expensive for the type of food we got.
Met with Cyndi again around 5pm as she bought a few groceries to use on our stay. Shortly afterward, she went back to Pretty Lake with the boys. Ate dinner @ Captain Lou's. Jen got chicken strips and I got the perch platter and we both had a couple of beers. Overall not bad.. kind of expensive for the type of food we got.
We then walked to the light house on the south pier to watch the sun set. We really enjoyed each other's company and it was a beautiful evening. Walked back and shared an ice cream cone. Jen and I really appreciate John and Cyndi's hospitality and kindness. It means a lot to both of us.
That sunset is fabulous!
ReplyDelete