I know, I know. It's been almost seven months since I blogged. I'm an online slacker. Better than being a "real life slacker" though. I micro-blog on Twitter through the day, but to come up with a blog post that's worthy of posting, my mind goes blank. And I don't want to bore you with a daily play by play of activities.
To give you somewhat of an update, we've been busy these last 7 months. Life is great though. The boys have been playing soccer (T) and baseball (H & A) and that alone has kept us running. T is playing for the first year on a countywide travel team, so sometimes I'm off in another town with him while Mike takes the boys to baseball. I have to keep everything on Google Calendar (loooove my calendar) to keep everything straight between work appointments and personal. The boys' dad moved 10 hours away so we no longer have our weekends kid-free. Which is okay. Things have adjusted to a new normal. School is out on May 28th and the following Friday we are going to Florida! Hoping the boys can stay another week so they get their grandparent/aunt and uncle and of course, Cousin Ella time in w/out parents around. Hoping they can go see their dad in July for a week if not more. Before we know it, football and fall soccer season will be here. We've already signed up, it seems like a neverending cycle here! But the kids love it, and as long as it's not getting in the way of schoolwork, etc. we love watching them play.
Mike got word in March that Cricket is outsourcing his entire department to local contractors. 75 people are losing their jobs in July. He will be one of them, unless he takes another position within the company, but it has yet to be posted. So we wait for that while looking elsewhere too. Transferring to another team within the company is what he is aiming for right now. Just keep us in your thoughts. Glad he still has a job at this moment, unemployment would be devastating. He has a great advantage because he's pretty much a rock star at what he does, and having 8 years with the company is a bonus. Some people were not so lucky and didn't get 4 months notice of what was happening. We consider ourselves very lucky.
My business is going great. So far 2010 is a more profitable year than the last 2 years have been. We shall see by the end of the year if it stays true. Since we started my website Pampered You Salon, listed it on Google Business listings, & did the SEO properly, I am getting calls. It's filling in the gaps I had in my book, and things are working just as we had hoped they would. Knowing it's something WE made happen, is the best feeling because it only costs about $10 per month to do this vs. advertising on Yellowpages.com or the YP book. WAY better use of funds! In fact I am in a battle alongside my coworker with the Berry Company who does the Yellow Pages. I am convinced they are scum now. Almost as bad as payday/title loan companies and credit card companies. Not quite, but I have a really bad taste in my mouth after working with them.
Well that's my update for now. I promise to do better at this whole blog thing in the future. And next time I'll try to be more interesting. Heh.
woo hoo!! you blogged!! i already knew the stuff!! but it was awesome to read again!!
ReplyDelete